Monday, November 10, 2014


I came across some rag burp cloths on Homemadebyjill & thought they would be great for our Baby Comfort Kits! She has a great tutorial that is easy to follow. All I did was found a burp cloth shape I liked & used it as a pattern Cut 2 pieces of baby flannel & 1 warm and natural batting. Stack right sides together & sew about a 1/4 inch all the way around. Then sew a straight line through the middle to hold the batting in place. Then cut the exposed batting close to the seam and discard. Cut little snips all around the edge of the flannel and wash to get the rag effect. Easy Peasy :) Then I found a bib and used it for a pattern. I just used 2 pieces of baby flannel and sewed them with the right sides together leaving a few inches to turn. Then I sewed all around the edge & added a small snap to the top! If you are ever looking for a fun service project we can always use baby items for our Baby Comfort Kits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelly’s Story

      About Shelly Nazer     First grade for Shelly was a world full of finger painting, running on the playground, and learning how...